There are a number of new developments planned for Dalhousie as we get ready to grow and add amenities and new neighbours to our great community.
The successful integration of these projects relies on input from residents and the constructive feedback to date has resulted in a number of improvements to the permit drawings for the Birchwood Transit Oriented Development at the corner of Dalhousie Drive NW and Dalton Drive NW.
Your opportunity to provide feedback is here as the DCA Planning & Development Committee is scheduled to submit additional comments to City planners regarding the revisions. Feedback needs to be submitted by Tuesday, September 25, 2018 and can be emailed to email@example.com.
SEPTEMBER 13 UPDATE FROM THE DCA WEBSITE:
On August 30, 2018, Birchwood submitted revised Development Permit drawings to City planners to address feedback received from the City and the Dalhousie Community Association. These plans are available for viewing at the community center during regular office hours until September 25th.
On September 13, 2018, the DCA Planning & Development Committee met with the Birchwood team where they provided an overview of their design revisions. A summary of the major changes includes:
- Added a 2-storey podium (street level) feature along Dalhousie Drive to improve the pedestrian scale;
- Incorporated additional restaurant and retail uses on the Dalhousie Drive (Building B) main floor;
- Added a main entrance from Dalhousie Drive public sidewalk directly into the building to enhance pedestrian activity;
- Revised the internal plaza design to allow direct connections from the Dalton Drive bus stop through the site to the adjacent park and LRT station;
- Improved separation between vehicular and pedestrian movements to reduce potential conflict and to improve connectivity;
- Reduced surface parking and hard surface/concrete area (adjacent to Building B interfacing the internal plaza); increased soft landscaping throughout the site.
The updated drawings can be found below and for more information on the project and the timeline of the process to date, visit the DCA website by clicking on the link below.